Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Weekly Rant: Fox News Hypocrisy

I have been pretty busy lately, and thus, it has been a little while now since I last posted anything on my blog. But lately I have truly felt Jon Stewart's frustration with the idiocy and ignorance of the words and opinions that are portrayed on the Fox News Network. I'm sure many others share this frustration as well. It wouldn't be such an issue if Fox News personalities simply stated their views and opinions of politics, world news, etc., and held strong with one consistent message or opinion to their viewers. The frustration comes from the fact that these so-called "news" personalities only spit out their STRONG opinions and create a media uproar when it suits their own agendas to validate their beliefs to the public. I do not delude myself in thinking that Jon Stewart's Daily Show is an objective portrayal of current events in society. I am fully aware that The Daily Show is strictly a satirical news program that tends to support liberal views. However, Stewart does not claim that The Daily Show is an unbiased and objective news program, but instead refers to his program as "fake news". And Stewart does not advocate certain actions or beliefs when dealing with liberals, while protesting the exact same actions or beliefs when dealing with conservatives. Stewart maintains clear messages. And, as I stated earlier, I am extremely frustrated with the inconsistencies in the messages of nearly all Fox News personalities. How blatantly hypocritical can one person be? Let alone many. I believe in freedom of speech, and freedom of the press, but I cannot believe that viewers of the Fox News Network actually buy into these lies and inconsistencies. It makes me sad to think that Americans have not come further than this. Can we not, at least, identify what out values are, and stand strong behind them? Values and ideals were not meant to be changed just because the background settings have changed.
Jon Stewart does a much better job of pointing out these ridiculous inconsistencies than I ever could... so, having said that, I will leave you with several video clips to support this week's Rant.

Clips from The Daily Show, May 11, 2011: Probably the best clips to highlight my point.





Clip from The O'Reilly Factor:
Stewart/O'Reilly Battle

More Daily Show Clips:



No comments:

Post a Comment