Thursday, September 2, 2010

Small is Beautiful

Well... it seems like it's about time to start publishing some new posts. What prompted me to begin this blog was the fact that it is extremely difficult to "live small" in the state of Oklahoma. No one here is really that concerned with the environment at all. My husband and I recently built our first house, and were shocked at how much we decided to do on our own, and how difficult it was to find eco-friendly products here. I did a ton of research and ordering online, but it still took a long time to find everything. So I wanted to start a blog all about "living small". Not everything will be completely environmentally focused. I may post some political rants and such. Some will be strictly design focused (mostly modern design, as that is our style, and also very rare in the state of Oklahoma), and while a lot of that design will go hand-in-hand with environmentally friendly products, not all of it will. Many will provide links to helpful websites I have found along the way. Some will also just follow the changes we have made, and will make, to our new house. My next post will cover the changes we have made to our house so far... which will include quite a few environmentally friendly design elements, but will also include items that were strictly aesthetic.  I hope you enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment