Friday, November 12, 2010

Peacock Inspired Design

Now that we have completed the yellow and gray guest bedroom... it's on to my design inspiration for our living room! Prior to moving into our new house, I had our apartment living room decorated in browns and greens. I still absolutely love the color combination... but I decided I wanted to go a bit more bold this time around. I still wanted to keep the greens and browns... I just wanted to go a bit brighter with the greens. Soon I started thinking about incorporating some blues and purples (the peacock colors) because I was having such a difficult time finding the specific shades of greens I had in mind. I see the greens all over while I'm watching HGTV... but again... I live in Oklahoma. I do not have access to a HomeGoods, Ikea, Z Gallerie, CB2, CostPlus or West Elm. I'm pretty much limited to Target, Ross, Pier 1, TJ Maxx, and Gordmans. Don't get me wrong... I love shopping at these stores as well... I just wish I had more access to better variety.

Anyway... I found a peacock blue throw from Pier 1 that I completely fell in love with. So, we ended up decided to decorate in mostly bright greens and peacock blues, with a possible touch of purple here and there (if I were to find the right pieces). The living room is still a work in progress... although we finally decided on our color scheme. So I started collecting bits and pieces for the room based on my idea of peacock inspired design. Below are a few images of what I have been able to put together so far...


The above pillow was purchased from Pier 1. They also carry the same pillow in a peacock blue color, but I chose to go with the green instead. 


This peacock blue throw was purchased at Pier 1 as well... and I absolutely LOVE it!




Above is a snapshot of the pillows and throw together on my couch. All purchased from Pier 1. I took this picture on my phone... so the colors don't appear quite as vibrant as they really are. 

The rest of the items pictured below can all be found at Z Gallerie. 

   

     







I will add updates as I continue to uncover more items to complete my peacock inspired living room. So far, it is coming together beautifully! In this post, I decided to share the greens, purples, and blues that we will be bringing into the room as the pops of color. But, we have also decided to add in several all white pieces to the design as well, since we decided to go with dark wood furniture and floors. We wanted to lighten the room up a bit with the white, but we also chose to bring in some of the peacock shimmer and shine with our floor coverings. The pieces of white and shimmer will be posted at a later time! So stay tuned!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment